Thursday is trash day here in Natick, MA. So on Wednesday’s I go through the fridge and get rid of anything that looks gelatinous, has congealed, or has anything to do with mold. And occasionally, my Tupperware even gets tossed. It can be a very disgusting evening.
Here is what you will need:
Cranberry Pineapple Salad
- 1 14 oz can crushed pineapple
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 6 c fresh cranberries
- 3.5 c boiling water
- 2 c sugar
- 1/8 t salt
- 2 c red seedless grapes cut in half.
- Drain one 14 oz. can crushed pineapple. Reserve syrup.
- Soften 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin in 1/2 c pineapple syrup.
- Rinse 6 c. fresh cranberries. Cook cranberries gently for 10 min or until they begin to burst. Puree while hot.
- Boil 3.5 c water and dissolve 2 c sugar in the water.
- Add 1/8 t salt and the softened gelatin to the water. Stir until dissolved. Chill until mixture is thick but not set.
- Fold in drained crushed pineapple and 2 c grapes.
- Pour into desired molds. Chill in fridge until firm. This took about 4 hours in a Bundt pan.
- 3 T light cream
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 3 T lemon juice (I used orange)
- 2 T vinegar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t dry mustard
- 3/4 mashed or pureed avocado
- Beat 3T light cream with 6 oz cream cheese.
- Gradually add 3 T lemon juice, 2 T vinegar, 1/2 t salt, and 1/2 t dry mustard.
- Fold in 3/4 c mashed or pureed avocado.