- At first bite, I wasn’t sure I was in love. However, the rice grew on me quickly and before I knew it I had eaten two large helpings.
- I would recommend using cilantro, or a parsley cilantro blend, instead of just parsley. I personally don’t love the flavor of parsley, but I still really liked this. In fact, I just polished off the leftovers I had in the fridge for lunch.
- I will definitely make this again. And next time I’ll use cilantro.
If you make this rice as an accent to your meal, may it be better than good and more than memorable — just as I hope this post has been.
Here is everything I used:
- 1 egg
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c finely chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 c cooked rice
- 1/2 c grated cheese I used Dubliner Cheddar
- 2 T olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
Beat egg slightly. Add milk, parsley, garlic, onion, rice, cheese and salt. Mix well.
Please these ingredients in a baking dish in which there has been poured 2 T olive oil.
Bake for 30-40 minutes in a moderate oven – 350 degrees.